PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Research into the loss of BEA Comet G-ARCO, 1967
Old 1st Oct 2019, 17:14
MentionTheWar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family Contacts

Since my original post I have made contact with a number of families of the victims. I am keen to hear from anyone directly interested in this tragedy.

Based on available material in The National Archives, along with other information and witness accounts, I have established the most likely reason for the attack on the flight. It is now, I believe, quite certain that:
1. The flight was targeted by a rival of General Georgios Grivas, who had been booked on the flight but whose booking was cancelled at the last minute.
2. The bomb was given to an unwitting courier, who was told to take a package to Nicosia from Athens and that it was essential that he travel on that flight in order to do.
3. Grivas was taken off the flight just before he set off for the airport, due to concerns that he would be attacked.
4. There is evidence of a very successful cover-up in order to prevent political ramifications.
5. The police files have been further restricted and will not be released until at least 2066 under the '99 year' rule.
6. Some files that were previously available to the public have now been restricted.

I have published a book based on the documents (some 2,500 pages) and with testimony from direct witnesses, including those working with General Grivas at the time.

The book, 'Bealine Charlie Oscar - The Mystery of Flight CY284', is available from Amazon worldwide.

Last edited by MentionTheWar; 4th Oct 2019 at 11:19.