PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 8th Nov 2003, 23:26
craic1510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi! Ok lets see what I can do...

The group exercises we did consisted of these questions (but they do change!):
1. you are creating a new civilisation either on earth or another planet of your choice. Pick 10 professionals to start the civilisation with
2. you have so many guys and girls from different nationalities and of different ages - match them up in pairs to share apartments with in dubai. discuss why.
3. there is a customer complaint about service recieved from a passenger. discuss the complaint and how you would respond to it.

The general atmosphere of the discussion is relaxed. The idea is that everyone gets to say something. no-one is wrong. you need to praise people for what they say and you must be "seen" to be listening. no interupting. sit up staright, and smile.

The final interview is based party on your answers in the pychological test as well as other scenario questions e.g. a time when you gave great customer service, a time when you had to say no to someone etc.

It is formal, but relax and pause between the question and giving an answer. show you are thinking about your answer.

To everyone that gets to the interview stage - just relax. If you are seen to be stressed and nervous - it won't help. Talk to others, make some friends. That way the day is fun and you can talk through the day with others.

About being 20 - I wouldn't say not go. Give it a shot. They do take people on after 21. That is the minimum age - but just going anyway and giving it a shot shows determination and you learn an awful lot about the company on the day. it is worthwhile just attending. Plus if after you tunr 21, you have the same interviewer, they will praise you for your determination anhd persistance.

Good luck to all. Keep trhowing the questions at me. I want to be of help to as many people as possible. We all should help eachother right?

craic1510