PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom F28 crashes at Pennsylvania fairground
Old 1st Oct 2019, 05:59
Bell_ringer

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by FH1100 Pilot
Good grief man, even after all these years your reading comprehension has not improved one bit. I never said your post was idiotic, only that it came perilously close. You must not be a pilot, and you must not live in the USA. Here, we are not afraid of flying at night in single-engine pistons. If you were a pilot, you'd know that a maxed-out 206B is just as dodgy as an R-44. Your contention that all commercial ops at night should be in turbines is just...well...silly. (There are a couple of other words I could use..
Ah well, just as patronising and condescending as usual.
It may come as a surprise but there is a world outside of the US (no I don't, nor have ever operated there).
The rest of the world takes a more serious look at night ops and the requirements, some prohibit it alltogether.
In the US you are also not afraid of letting tethered people drown in the back of helicopters, or to have HEMS pilots repeatedly come to grief in those easy to crash helicopters. We all have so much to learn from you.

You're right, there's no difference between 3 pax in a dodgy jetbanger and 3 in a 44, pistons are more reliable than a turbine and NASA never put a man on the moon.
Sir, I shall climb out of this intellectual paddling pool and go back to drawing crayon pics of helicopters as I am obviously hopelessly out of my depth.