PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Convair 440 crash on approach to Toledo-Express airport
Old 1st Oct 2019, 02:58
jimtx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back side of the clock although the first leg on this one looks like it should not present a problem. Tag legs after a back side of the clock leg usually involved not 100% capable crews, depending on their rest preparation prior to flight. I flew a lot all night international flights, 3 crew, with adequate preparation and never felt degraded. On those same flights I've seen reserve pilots called out to fill a slot that could/would not use their rest period and were toast at the end of the flight. But, at one of my two airlines, we used to have an easy MIA HAV charter turn around that left at midnight and returned at 2 that was easy peasy. One night we had to wait for 2 or 3 hours to get going back to MIA. We could not get a checklist done right to save us. I think there is an NTSB report of a DC-8 crew who after a long day crashed moving the AC under part 91 with no limit and the conclusion was fatigue.