PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 OP CLB behaviour
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2019, 02:05
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vilas
It should also be noted that if the OPEN CLB mode is engaged less than 30 seconds after the aircraft level off function is activated, the autopilot is authorized to use the vertical acceleration at the maximum value of 0.3g, whereas usually it is only 0.15g..
Hi Vilas, thank you for the infos. I just have a doubt about this bit. I never noticed that the aircraft will do a more agressive climb in OPEN CLB if less than 30 seconds of level off. By level off, if I understand correctly it could be vertical speed zero or ALT* engagement. I will try to pay attention today.
Also I have read on another post on Pprune that in CLB/OPEN CLB the G load will be max 1.1G and with expedite it will be 1.15G. Which differs quite a bit from your figures.

Originally Posted by giggitygiggity

Like I said, the FCTM says you shouldn’t do it for the for those obvious reasons. I see lots of guys putting it back into managed climb if it reverts to open climb after finishing the SID.
I see some skippers doing that and it’s annoying. Why do you want to put in CLB detent again unless you have another altitude constraint? Just leave it in OP CLB. As some guys sometimes revert from OP CLB to CLB mode exactly when passing the constraint altitude and then the aircraft inadvertently level off... -___-
That and the guys using managed CLB when only 1000 feet to climb.. smh