PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Samsung S6, true GPS or not?
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2019, 22:25
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Thanks for that. However, while I've Bookmarked it as very handy, the command sequence: Settings > Personal tab > Privacy and Safety > Location is still simply not available to me. I see I've left my phone to update when it wants but it's as though I'm using a slightly different phone. I've looked at S6 Edge, and that's not the answer. However, I can go straight to Location.

While trying and trying again, this time in the suggested Safe Mode, I pressed the drop down Location for much longer than usual. It offered Location on off switch, and the quality of the accuracy. I see it does pull data off the terrestrial network, and that's perhaps why I've used 200 minutes in the last couple of days! I'm keeping a strict eye on that. But AT LAST there was mention of the GPS. I've selected that alone and learned a bit about the clumsy setting of routes and HOME. Weird. I know age is a factor, but I managed the clunky iDrive in a BMW five minuets after leaving the dealer, and to my surprise found my way home.

The phone Blue-tooth's well to a Sony radio in my old hatchback, giving me volume control on the steering wheel.

Thanks again.