PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Melbourne Air Traffic Control
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2019, 21:50
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by das Uber Soldat
ML has to be the most painful place to fly into on the face of the earth. I dont know what the rules and policies are that create this issue, but something has to give. CAVOK, **** all wind, min speed, 250 on descent hold at Lizzy.

GDP needs to go in the bin too. LST-MEL. Sit on the ground waiting for your slot time, meet it, take off, climbing through 8000 ft "min speed, time at Waren X + 20 mins". If you knew that early I had 20 minutes holding, why the F did you not adjust my COBT?! Its a 40 minute flight!

Honestly it'd be faster rowing a canoe.
Gold.

I just want to have a push back without re doing the figures for a different runway. One day someone’s going to get hung for missing a step in the runway change.

I’m certain it’s the system and not the workers at the coal face but I doubt people (airlines included) realise the risks associated with incessant runway and ATIS changes.

Coming in the other night from Sydney listening to the ARBEY this speed up slow down I thought “this has to be one of the biggest contributors to fatigue in flight I can think of”. Next it was us, on decent heads down trying to make the box give us the numbers, awful. Heads need to be up but we had no option.