PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 30th Sep 2019, 17:25
yanrair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OldnGrounded
Perhaps s/he checked the QRH. Perhaps watching the spinning trim wheels from the jump seat triggered some insight into the situation. As you know, we don't really know with any clarity.

So? The fact that one of three crews known to have faced the situation didn't end up smashed to pieces, with all of their passengers, hardly suggests that the situation is adequately "survivable" to justify continuing to permit the aircraft to fly -- and there isn't a CAA on Planet Earth that believes it does.
Don’t think it was insight. Think he had been taught what to do. Nobody could have known what to do unless they had been trained that way. And having travelled for 35 years in jump seats with several major UK/IRL airlines while commuting I can tell you that you don’t intervene in what the guys up front are doing unless
1 you think you are about to die
2 you know the correct procedure and for some reason they don’t.
i
It takes extraordinary confidence and courage to say to the operating crew “ this is what you need to do”
But then that’s just my opinion of course.
Cheers
Y