PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 30th Sep 2019, 15:51
yanrair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OldnGrounded
346 people, including two aircrews led by experienced PICs are dead because, in the real-world, the combination of indications, alarms and HAL-commanded flight control movements actually was confusing -- deadly confusing. An enormous number of ATPs (including real, live Sky Gods like Sully), knowledgeable engineers and others who have paid extremely careful attention to the accident flights and the information that has since come to light have come to the conclusion that the same fate could easily befall any pilots facing the same circumstances. And the world's CAAs have kept the MAX grounded for many months because they have determined that it would be unsafe to let it fly without significant changes to the MCAS system (among other things, not all know to us in detail).

And, despite all of that, we still have people blaming the pilots.
Can I ask a question? How did the jump seat pilot on the flight the day before the fatal Lionair crash know what to do?
it seems to me that the situation was indeed survivable since, well, it landed safely and the captain (and this is not how it should be done) hardly mentioned it in the tech.log.
I think there is a clue here
cheers
y