PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Bovingdon - 1960s
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2019, 13:25
KaneDL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
USAAF/USAF/RAF Bovingdon - VE Day Commemorations

Hi all,
My name is Kane and I'm the events manager at Drift Limits, a driving experience company that reside on part of the Bovingdon Airfield site, at Runways Farm.

I'm arranging an event to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of VE Day, on Friday the 8th of May 2020 - a special National Holiday to coincide with the date.
Considering the incredible importance of the site, I thought it would be heretical not to. The whole event will also be raising money for local charities including Community Action Dacorum and The Willow Foundation who arrange incredible experiences for persons over 18 who are critically ill. The day is also in partnership with Hertfordshire County Council's HERTFORDSHIRE YEAR OF CULTURE 2020, a year long celebration of people, art, creativity and history through the whole of Hertfordshire.

I'm reaching out to all persons with knowledge, connections and with any media of the site in it's active years as a military base.
On site we will be showing continual slideshows of photos from personal collections that people have been courteous enough to share on our multiple television screens and offering a room with presentation facilities for those with knowledge to talk, display and share information and memories with visitors. We're also hoping to show videos, have opportunities for talks and presentations, which may be transmitted on radio, if agreed to!
We're planning food and drink, music, dancing, period dress, decoration, artists, vintage vehicles and hopefully passenger rides in our supercars. Gearing up to be an amazing day.

Obviously there's absolutely loads of content in this thread, which would be perfect for us to share. It's going to be a mammoth task but if you read this and have posted some pictures and can give permission, please do. I don't want to be a content thief and obviously want to make sure that anything utilised is given the right respect and due formality.

If you are in the area and can give up a small amount of time on the Bank Holiday Friday, we'd absolutely love for a few people to stand up and talk and educate, or simply attend and talk with people.
It'll be a great day to attend anyway so why not be part of it?

If you have absolutely anything that could be shared with our visitors, please do get in contact. You can use this forum to message me, I have turned on emails from members.
Anything shown will of course be credited and as it is a charity day, entirely not for profit. All our proceeds on the day will go to charity, vendors will be donating too.

Thanks so much for reading.