PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2019, 05:06
Matty Rich 83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ptr120
It would appear that the LCY - DUS route has been CXLD from 23 October. They just contacted me about my booking on 8 November and offered to rebook me on to the BA flight departing 15 minutes earlier. To be honest I'd have been on the BA flight anyway if it hadn't been far more expensive at the time I booked.

A shame the route has gone. Loads always seemed reasonable. The flights were usually within 15 minutes of the BA flight on the same route and I can't help but wonder if they would have done better flying at different times, or flying to CGN instead which I hear is a cheaper airport to operate from.
You were lucky to be contacted in my experience. I was booked on the TLS-MAN flight on 31st October and received no communication about the cancelled flight. A colleague of mine was trying to add luggage to her booking on the same flight via the app and it informed her of the cancellation. I assume we would have eventually been informed but i thought we would have been contacted earlier. I asked for a refund, didn't think I could be re-routed, so I booked a flight via AMS for £92 instead of the initial £72 I paid with Flybe.