PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 40% reduction in loads
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2019, 06:51
drfaust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Profit: Is it really the case that CX pilots traded away their 13th month to incorporate it into their pay rise? Would that explain the higher basic salary CX guys get compared to KA?

If that’s the case then there’s really nothing to debate. A discretionary bonus provided by the employer is just that, the comparison with the 13th month we get at KA is a false one.

This place is awash with a million different contracts because the prevailing mentality does not allow for solidarity with any new generation. It is the bed CX and KA pilots made for themselves with the erosion of A scale to begin with and now the situation is what it is. You want to take a month leave? Help yourself I would suggest.

I respect the fact we all have different contracts; I am happy for the guys that are on a better one than I am and I empathise for the people that are on a worse one than I am. That said it doesn’t change anything for me.

Also, KA has been hiring for the last 5 years pretty much. People have obtained commands in less than a year. The opportunity was there to join for anyone that felt the KA contract was significantly better. You get the roster with it as well though, it comes completely free with the package.

In my case I chose to apply to KA because on the long term it was simply a better career prospect and a higher value proposition with the much shorter time to command. In return I don’t get the fancy 777 rosters, monthly OT and nice layovers in premium destinations. Now that we rub shoulders in the briefing office doesn’t change that of course.