PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 28th Sep 2019, 23:36
jdawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotnik

I admire your 32 year old condescending tone and yes they did. The previous Lion flight was a good example. What you do is you generalize based on your short experience. There are numerous captains all over the world who lose themselves in a simple engine fire drill on a simulator or are unable to make a manual ils approach in raw data without destabilizing. Some of them are your friends and you don’t even know until you have a session with them. Sometimes they are let through opc’s because of pilot shortage, sometimes it’s because they are old friends and it’s uncomfortable to tell them the truth that they no longer have the perception. The problem is bigger than just a multitude of lights and alerts. We developed a system in which it is almost a heresy to say that a pilot did something wrong and because of this we put ourselves into an illusion that Boeing, Airbus or whatever needs to build a better plane that will never shine more than one light or sound more than one alert at a time so that a captain who haven’t read an FCOM or FCTM since his upgrade 15 years ago could face it.

The test pilot said it would take 40s to crash the aircraft with MCAS corrupted if NO ACTIONS are taken which. I think we all realise this. However, it is irrelevant to this discussion as the actions WERE taken and they were good until reversed.
Im delighted you admire me, wish I could return the admiration. However you appear to be hell bent on blaming air crew for two crashes in which we are all awaiting the final reports. Bad taste if you've been in this business any length of time I pity the souls you sit next to.
Did you fail an Airbus type rating or something? Is that why you are defending Boeing and blaming the crews action? It's ok if you did.
I don't need to tell you how many years but it's in decades and I have yet to witness a sim partner fowl up an engine fire drill or destabilize a single engine approach. Perhaps you're right and the day just hasn't come yet. Those instances we know what's coming and it aids our performance. I'm sure you'd agree.
So you admit a briefed sim session can end badly but not a real emergency with a system no one knew of while sitting next to a low time pilot with multiple contradicting warnings and indications. Ok. Got it.
No one wants to read our back and forth so just do us all a favor and say you'll rescind the blame and wait for the final report.
Or, you can just allege condescension and proceed to condescend yourself lol
Good luck to your fellow pilots