PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 28th Sep 2019, 20:38
jdawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilotnik and misdagin, you guys are not putting yourselves in the place of the pilots that went down trying their best.

Obviously you perform a trim runaway memory item once pitch starts wandering against your commands. Didn't think we needed to cover that here.

The genesis of the loss of control had nothing to do with pitch or mcas. It was stick shaker and eventually overspeed. It was contradicting instrument indications. There were contradicting aural alarms.

​​​​​​Sorting these issues just seconds before the mcas did it's deed set the mind in a different mode than a simple trim runaway that we've all done in the sim and many of us on real life.

Been there done that and didn't even get a t-shirt my friend.

All you folks that are saying the aircraft was flyable and the checklist and memory items cover all the mcas issues haven't been flying very long or perhaps you have just been lucky.

Personally I feel the pilots did an average job of it and in 2019 that should be good enough. Is it ok with you if 99 crews out of 100 can safely operate? I think not.

I'll leave you with that. Stop blaming pilots. This aircraft has been grounded a lot longer than necessary If the problem were pilots or even pilot training.

Last edited by jdawg; 28th Sep 2019 at 20:49.