PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Oxford - Contracts for 2020
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2019, 19:00
Dopsonj

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Thoroughly appreciate the detailed, comprehensive and frank responses to my original post, you can always rely on these forums for frankness and honesty when it's most needed and for that I'm grateful. I think it's easier I tackle each point in one post without multi quoting.

I guess on my part, naivety that OAA/CAE still lead the pack, simply because it was a path I'd walked before and the feeling I got seemed right, however on this occasion it's certainly caused me to review and open my eyes to other prospectives.

As far as the modular route goes - again, I wasn't aware that many now offer full time theory, including FTA who're a 30 minute drive, or 22m on the train with no changes and I can continue to live in my property without having to relocate - This does completely re-open the possibility of modular as the business could be practically put on the back burner to allow me to complete the theory and then brought back into function to allow me to fund the MEP/ME IR/ME CPL (which FTA offer as a package) along with the UPRT and MCC/JOC. However FTA's Theory is 9 months, vs 6 at many others so I'm going to visit and discuss what's possible in terms of distance learning/full time combination.

I also have use of a PA28 based at Andrewsfield (Where I gained by PPL - Uncles A/C) which will allow me to hour build & night rating at a far more cost-effective proposition. .

Thank you to those who've been through CAE and their thoughts and contributions, it's always good to take a view from that side, at the end of the day it is a business and beancounters rule the world, costs are everything but their attitude with what I've experienced has really changed my frame of mind.

Does anyone here have any experience of FTA? I will find time this week coming to go down (believe they do it on a Thursday) but they also offer an integrated scheme with a discount applied if already holding a PPL - so another option, but it would make more sense possibly modular.

Again, all thoughts welcome - thank you for taking the time to respond.