PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Oxford - Contracts for 2020
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2019, 18:06
Thegreenmachine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dopsonj
Hello all,

Having passed my Skills Assessment in August this year and with a view to starting my training in March/April 2020 (Need the time to facilitate the adjustment of my current business and time to put other affairs in order) I reached out to Oxford to look at provisional start dates for this period. I have been told that there are currently no Integrated ATPL Contracts available yet for 2020, as they're "waiting on course details".

Just curious to see if others, looking at the whitetail scheme have had similar feedback from them or alternative if you're on an easyJet or similar scheme if you already have a 2020 start date? Whilst 2020 might seem "ages" away we're a little over 3 months, I find it curious that they haven't yet structured their 2020 diary for their next intake.

Reading between the lines and from general feedback it seems perhaps that they've bitten off more than they can chew with regards to the easyJet MPL and are now having to play catch up.

On a side note, I passed assessments in 2010 and 2015, both times other things came up but I have found that my experience of CAE Oxford on this occasion hasn't been up to the standards I had before which is a little disappointing but again reading on here and elsewhere, it doesn't appear that I'm in the minority - Again, one could assume this is down to increased workload whilst quality has dropped?

All thoughts welcome,
Good to see this type of post anaylising what your future may look like. I left Oxford in 2017 so unfortunately can't help on future bookings. The place then was OK, did what it said on the tin but was being run with cost cutting in mind.
​​​​​​Pm for any more info otherwise best of luck, braver person than me to start training in the current climate.