PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 28th Sep 2019, 15:11
avi8safely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there anyone who has gone through the pre-selection for QR7700 Type rated first officer Boeing only with B737 experience?
I have 1,900 hours on B737NG, valid ATPL, ICAO level 6 and class one medical. So I thought I met the requirements, but I got this email;
we regret to inform you that you have not satisfied our pre-selection screening criteria and as such, your application cannot be taken any further.
I would much appreciate if someone explains this.

The minimum requirements at the moment are;
  1. Type-rated and currently flying on B737 (EFIS) &or (NG), B787/B777/B767/B757//B747-400/800 with a minimum of 500 hours on type. -> I attached the last 2 pages of my electronic logbook.
  2. Valid ICAO ATPL or Frozen ATPL (ATPL Theory passes/credits) -> I attached my ATPL.
  3. Valid Instrument Rating (IR) -> It's written on ATPL and I don't have a separate certificate for IR.
  4. Valid Class One Medical -> I attached my medical certificate.
  5. English language proficiency level 4 or above -> It's written on ATPL.
  6. Not older than 55 at the time of joining Qatar Airways -> I'm okay.
  7. Holds a current LPC and has flown in the within the past 12 months commercial airline prior to joining Qatar Airways -> My country/company don't produce such thing. We just do the annual sim check and if you pass, that's it. No certificate or documents are given.
  8. Minimum of 1,000 hours in Multi Crew, Multi Engine jet commercial airline experience. -> I have.