PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2019, 11:52
Plastic787

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That’s hours. Not sure of the exact number but sounds about right. I’m terms of seniority I wouldn’t worry about that as Gatwick commands have gone right to the bottom of the list, you’d probably get an OK bid in the first window.

I keep posting this right now but it’s very, very important. Be fundamentally aware that this company is absolutely toxic and the atmosphere poisonous. It’s going to take a hell of a lot to fix this after the dispute has ended and it’s difficult to imagine how it could ever happen absent a complete change at the top and also a complete overhaul of flight ops management. If we lose this dispute then 2 crew three day West Coast slipping in an airport hotel are next on the agenda. Not only does it point to absolute exhaustion and hellish rosters for any junior FOs on Long Haul (not to mention the rest of us!) but you also have to think of the amount of pilots BA can get rid of if they’re only using 2 crew on many of the LH routes. Does that fill you with confidence being #4500 on the MSL? It’s vitally important to think about this bit before you take the plunge.

I joined BA and throughly regret it now. I would urge extreme caution to anybody thinking of joining right now at the very least. If you want my honest opinion I would say run a mile. If you’re getting a quick command and doing the hours then buggering off somewhere else quickly then that’s just about the only justification to join this outfit right now IMVHO.

Last edited by Plastic787; 28th Sep 2019 at 12:29.