PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down in East River, NYC
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2019, 02:07
roscoe1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Video cams are good stuff. My previous post number 113 in this thread has proved to be valid. The FAA are very foolish if they don't either ban doors open flights for people who are tourists and require factory seatbelts to be worn at all times in helicopters. I mean really, would a pilot ever not wear their seatbelt? Why should a passenger be allowed to wear anything other than a factory or STC'ed seatbelt? No tethers except for trained professionals. Trained means trained by the company doing the flight and the training has to be specified in the general ops manual or in a LOA for the operator. Same for doors opened. There is no argument that I can imagine that ameliorates this stuff. This is not a situation that can be nit- picked. They need a large hammer on these operations. Don't get me started on flying passengers you know or suspect are somehow intoxicated. My wife was a CFII and she once refused to fly with a law enforcement officer who had a concealed weapon. He offered the info and understood completely that her request was valid. Left his Glock in his car. Many thought she was being unreasonable but it is pilot discression. Same with alcohol for the safety of the pilot as well as the passenger. Shoot, they really shouldn't serve alcohol on commercial flights. I know I'm tired of obnoxious drunks on airplanes.
By the way waivers are not worth the paper they are written on and you can't waive your legal rights when negligence is in the air.