PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down in East River, NYC
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2019, 01:15
nomorehelosforme

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Devil

Originally Posted by verticalspin
Vertical released another article today:

Full disclosure: I was aboard a FlyNYON-operated companion flight that departed at the same time as the accident aircraft, as a photographer taking advantage of the pristine conditions to capture sunset views of the city. Because I witnessed the safety briefing and passenger-related pre-flight procedures, observed certain key details about the victims, and have a background in aviation journalism — and thus a degree of knowledge about the subject — I was interviewed by the NTSB in the aftermath of the crash, as well as by multiple media outlets. Notes from my NTSB interview are among the documents released yesterday, and they include key details that I withheld from my media interviews and my own coverageuntil the evidence could confirm them and validate their discussion.

https://www.verticalmag.com/news/pas...-photo-flight/
After this report the NTSB may as well all retire and leave any future investigations to people with a background in aviation journalism and thus a degree of knowledge about the subject.

In my opinion this first half of this ‘Disclosure’ is the authors own dramatic build up to the accident and the remainder, gleamed and further dramatised by the author from true facts found by official accident investigation teams........