PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help Choosing Flight School For PPL With Modular Path In Mind
Old 27th Sep 2019, 22:19
AndyJanson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Choosing Flight School For PPL With Modular Path In Mind

Hi everyone,

I'm finally in a financial position to begin my PPL training and am looking for some recommendations on which flight school to choose. I live near Reading in Berkshire, and currently have my eye on White Waltham Airfield and GoFly Oxford. I had a trial lesson at White Waltham a decade ago and it seemed like a really pleasant place, but I'm planning on obtaining the PPL as the first step on the Modular route towards an ATPL and as far as I'm aware they don't offer the additional ratings beyond the PPL. I've heard that it's of some importance to airlines that you try and stick to a single school if possible to ensure consistency in the training, and GoFly Oxford seem well set up for this purpose.

Does it matter too much where I choose to complete the PPL module of the training? All things being equal I'd probably choose White Waltham for the sake of convenience, but I want to make sure I do this the right way. Any advice or further suggestions/recommendations for schools would be very much appreciated, can't wait to get going at last!

Cheers