PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rest heart rate
Thread: Rest heart rate
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2019, 09:36
back to Boeing

Received 102 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Pistons Forever
I am reasonable fit ( I run a 5.5km loop on average 5 times a week) but a long way from elite athlete territory. My resting heart rate is 46 with a 115/75 blood pressure. My doctor says it is genetic, God decided to set my heart rate at long range economy cruise

He also said that I should have a triple Espresso before my annual ECG because if the trace is below 50 it will trigger a bradycardia warning and cause a second level of review which is a PTIA.
Ditto. Love the long range cruise term for it. Hadn't heard that one before. At my last ecg my heart rate was in bradycardia range. AME said can you increase your heart rate without moving. Wasn't working until he said imagine all the time off i'd get with my kids when the CAA were investigating. That got it going!!!

Max heart rate is theoretical but the 220-age is a decent starting point. Another thing to look at is that your heart rate returns to normal in a decent time interval. A reduction of 12 BPM per minute after exercise seems to be an accepted norm.