PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS feeling effects of global pilot shortage
Old 27th Sep 2019, 07:59
deja vu

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts
If management were to substantially increase pilot wages during the present relatively short lived high pilot demand times to retain pilots then they would wear this expense during the depressed times. Their trick is to see how long they can juggle with the present attrition rate until the cycle trends down, probably the easier tool to use is bolster the numbers the best they can, improve rosters and work/life balance and when things trend down tighten up the roster again. I don't suspect any of this is an easy process for management to deal with.[/QUOTE]

I hope you are not saying what I think you are saying... which from my understanding is that if management give the pilots a pay rise now, at a time of high pilot demand then they would have to " wear this expense" in times of a pilot glut. Hmmm. how awful. Or to suggest that to improve rosters and work/life balance now to help retain crews but screw them back again when we have got plenty of applicants. How exploitive is that? Disgraceful!

The standard of living argument is absurd. Barnaby has 2 families and they are all big eaters. Too many variables to be able to generalise. We have been talking about having a rewarding career and a comfortable retirement not involving Centrelink.

Would it be possible that you have more than a passing interest in all this,? just saying