PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dual Input Airbus
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2019, 08:17
sonicbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Check Airman
As Uplinker said bout the heat of the moment, sometimes there’s no time. An easy, intuitive solution to the problem they created is used by Boeing, Douglas (RIP) etc. Airbus put a lot of energy into human factors, but the uncoupled sidesticks (particularly in with the AP off) is a huge oversight, and fatal, as we’ve seen.
Sorry, but I disagree. You do have time to press the takeover pushbutton, it takes 1 millisecond regardless of the words You pronounce, if any. Being able to judge when it is appropriate to press this button is another question though and that comes also with experience, I believe we all acted with our thumb at least once either a bit too late or a bit too early (at least I did luckily without breaking anything). The basics is any time You are PM and need to act on the sidestick for whatever reason, You push the button.
Regarding the AF447 You are referring to, if You end up with 10 degrees ANU and TOGA at FL350 I believe (and much more important investigation bureaus believe) it is somewhere else we need to focus on rather than the mechanical connection between the sidesticks.