PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Aircrew/Officer Info?
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2003, 07:23
Karhu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Therein lies the problem guys.

As you will be no doubt aware, a candidate pilot for ADF service is no longer assessed specifically according to their preferred service.

A candidate pilot can potentially find themselves in any of the three services depending upon demand - preferences aside.

That is the biggest point of contention for me thus far. Because you could end up anywhere, you really do have to know the in's and out's and operational requirements of all three services - including officer qualities, duties and responsibilities.

That's where I'm trying to go to school a little on the experiences of those of you who have already been through the recruiting officer interview and, ultimately, the final panel.

As per your suggestions, I have already been in contact with several operational pilots (ranging from 2FTS grads - FLTLT) to obtain feedback and this is where it starts to get confusing. For RAAF requirements I thought I had it pretty much covered, but the Army recruiting officer who got a hold of me was questioning me on things that I was not told to research and know.

To answer your question Di_Vosh. My first preference is and always has been the RAAF, but I would be equally happy flying a helo in either the Navy or Army as an SSO.

cheers, Karhu