PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 25th Sep 2019, 04:01
RickNRoll

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 601
Why do customers have to have an "exciting digital experience" when dealing with CAsA.
Like navigating your way through an terminal building as SLF is supposed to be an "exciting experience".

If I want an "exciting digital experience" I go to my Urologist .
So much bloat on websites these days. If a pilot can read a NOTAM or Weather report it indicates they are

1) Intelligent enough to read concise information without the bloat.
2)Just want to facts without the bloat.

What is far more important than "excitement" is being able to present complex information concisely and clearly, that is arranged logically, that can be searched and cross referenced easily.

To do this the fundamental rules have to constructed in a clear, logical and self consistent manner.

As a software developer, too much information these days is just "patching". Something needs to be updated. So patch it. You can only do this so many times before what was orginally a simple idea becomes mind numbingly complex and obtuse. However, the process of patching has gone on for so long the task of 'refactoring' it terrifies the managment. They know it will take a lot of time and money, and produce nothing more than what was originally there. It will "only" be easier to maintain and use.

The "excitement" proposal is just another patch. Take this mess and dress it up so that it looks like we have made a serious attempt to make everything workable again. Much cheaper, looks pretty when you show it in a five minute presentation to management and politicians, but in practice no better than what you started off with.