PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 25th Sep 2019, 00:18
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Gladys Lius office contacted me

I have just taken a telephone call from the office of my local member of parliament, Ms Gladys Liu.

I am informed that the presentation of the material caught Ms Lius attention, and she allocated a significant amount of time to my matter. She has expressed an interest to follow and potentially assist with the matter, and has asked for a copy of my material be emailed to her.

I must say that I have dealt with two personnel from her office. They seem capable, and well intentioned.

I will be seeking a meeting with Ms Liu. At that meeting, primarily I will be presenting my case.

I will however put the following proposition to her.

That her office consider taking a more active role in representing General Aviation, and promoting the growth of GA small business, and particularly in regional areas.

In light of unsubstantiated and politically motivated controversy over her position and allegiances, supporting all those Australian owned small aviation businesses would be a noble cause.

Potentially AOPA may able to establish a relationship with her office, and provide a point of contact.

A number of options could be explored.

Hopefully, any politician, that was prepared to take an active interest in our industry, would receive strong industry support in return.

Interesting, as a 54 year resident of Chisholm, I feel she will represent me diligently, and look forward to updating you.

For those that have not been following. This post, is a follow up to post 590.

Shameless plug follows https://www.gofundme.com/f/glen-buckley-v-casa