PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smoother skies for Nauru Airlines
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2019, 21:36
PacificSpyRedux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish to inform all that while their posts remain for all to see, PacificSpy has retired and removed themselves from the PPRUNE Forums, however, PacificSpyRedux is here to stay.

With his recent arrival on Pprune and his assertions along with the hate emails being sent by "Flying Knight" to everyone at the airline, it's hard not to imagine PW and FN are the one and same.

Anyway, I've done a bit of asking around and come up with this:-

"We operate in a hostile environment" maybe, but not as tough as a Cat3, Auto-Land according to teajay - said a million times to anyone unfortunate enough to be in earshot.

Re the Kosrae incident - having got themselves in that position, the crew carried out a go-round unlike another operator's accident at TKK.

"I love my job but am fatigued". If you bothered to put in a fatigue report, you would find you'd be treated like others who have, had their concerns acted upon and not received a negative response. I challenge you to show that anyone has.

Requiring that "All fatigue issues are addressed and a FRMS is implemented not intimated" . The staff have been trying to get an FRMS up-and-running. The rushed implementation of Zapways without meaningful consultation with those who had to use it, and especially without consulting the Fatigue Group, resulted in delays. Zapways was inadequate and could not communicate with the proposed fatigue model until barely a few weeks ago. This was despite, months ago, requests being made to management to link the programs - the requests weren't acted upon by management probably because there were too many other issues being sorted with Zapways. For the record, a draft FRMS Manual had been written and put into CASA based on the different software the company was using before Zapways was forced onto everyone. The new management are progressively fixing all the problems inherited from the teajay management team. CASA are well aware of these issues and precisely where they stem from - I've been privy to an email where CASA "acknowledge there has been substantive disruption in Nauru Airlines over the past 18 months ....."

Pilot numbers - a really clumsy and amateurish attempt to distort the situation (another similarity between PW and FN). I've checked the numbers also and FOAM is right on the money - 31. On a daily basis lets allow a couple of management pilots from that 31, a couple away doing sim (not every day but we'll be conservative and apply it that way), a couple on leave, a checkie out doing line/sim checks and 4 on D/O's then you have 20 available pilots. Pretty close to your 18 - but, you intentionally present it out of context.

I have been shown the current schedule and those for the last numbers of weeks. The weekly flying shown on them is all less than 180 hours week and I'm told this is the case pretty consistently since teajay and his team lost the QF freight work.

180 hours per week rostered amongst 10 sets of crew (20 pilots) is not particularly busy and hardly chronic fatigue inducing work. I concede that individual patterns can potentially be rostered to FTDL's but not on the regular or consistent basis you seem to suggest. It simply can't be with 10 sets of crew and 180 hours a week and the number of aircraft in the fleet is totally irrelevant, the hours being flown is what is relevant. Nice try, PW, but discredited - again.

As others have mentioned, management of fatigue is a joint responsibility and if you are going to work fatigued then do you consider yourself professional? Ceetainly doesn't look like it.