PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2019, 18:24
PDXCWL45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Letsflycwl
With the sad loss of Thomas Cook this is just going to leave TUI as the main and only holiday left at CWL.

Not just at CWL but at other regional airport surely there must be a void that needs filling. I wonder if we will see some new flights with Ryanair or dare I say (and hope) Jet2. There are also a lot of comments (or rumours) about Wizz Air UK doing new flights to previous Thomas Cook destinations such as the Canary Islands.....

No doubt the excellent Thomas Cook crew could do with some happy news about possible opportunities 💛
I could see Ryanair launching PMI if that isn't already planned and Vueling reinstating a weekly flight.
With TUI I could maybe see them adding extra flights to Dalaman and Antalya maybe using Freebird and maybe Tenerife with Norwegian if that could be possible and maybe Rhodes with one of the based aircraft and possibly add an extra PMI. It would fantastic if one of our flights, maybe PMI got upgraded to a Dreamliner but thats just me dreaming as part of a W pattern with Bristol.
Also if capacity to the Eastern Mediterranean is less that could also make Spain more attractive boosting routes like Malaga where we have 2 airlines.
Hopefully Ryanair and Flybe will release their Summer 2020 schedules soon so we know what capacity Cardiff will have.

As for Jet2 I could see them taking the Air Tanker A330s for Manchester and Stansted to free up 737s for elsewhere but not for a new base and I'd have thought that they'd go to Bristol first but not for a while yet.