PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Oxford - Contracts for 2020
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2019, 18:21
Dopsonj

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
At 27, I would love to go modular - However I run my own company which currently see's me working 6 days a week - 9-6 at the office plus hours either side and Sundays. It's unrealistic of me to expect to get home after a day of work and switch mode to ATPL revision - My brain is already saturated with VAT, sales, repairs, customers, accounting & all the rest that a business entails to then want to concentrate in the evenings on that. So, for this reason integrated appeals far more to me, allowing me to step away and focus entirely on my training. But yes, I'm no longer a virgin when it comes to this debate that I've been having with myself as well, given I've already got the PPL and 150 odd hours logged, modular would financially make more sense but to get my brain into gear, and fluidly pass my theory integrated makes more sense.

It's something I also want to have completed before 30, not that being over 30 is a barrier to the world of commercial but from my own body perspective.

Indeed as a paying customer I'm far more aware of this now, then I was 7 years ago when I first looked at OAA - Hence my concern with their current position on their 2020 schedule. As mentioned BREXIT could well be a concern, but I'd have thought they'd be more forth coming if that were the main issue...