PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-2
Thread: Thomas Cook-2
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2019, 13:42
Flying Wild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brian_dromey
I would say Jet2 are bang in the middle of the market. Their branding is kinda cheesy and annoying, but it is fun and aimed at holidaymakers. Jet2 have done well because they recognised that there is a very large market for package holidays. This kind of customer doesn't enjoy organising flights, luggage, seat swapping on-board, bus/taxi transfers, etc. Package holiday customers want to be taken care of from the time they book to the time they land back. Jet2 are exceptional at that. TC lost sight of who their customers were, what their customer wanted and that's why their offer became irrelevant to the general public. Remember that they are selling holidays on the high street - their customers are not on-line. By cutting back the shops, the airport representatives and in-resort teams they drove price-sensitive customers into the hands of Ryanair, easyJet and customers looking for service to Jet2, Virgin and TUI.

Jet2 are unusual in that they are expanding from North to South rather than the other way around and don't feign sophistication or "exclusive". I have taken a holiday with them because they had the hotel we wanted at a better price than other OTA's, with flights and luggage included. I have to say that the experience was exceptional. From check-in to arrival everything ran like clockwork and the back-up from the in-resort team was genuinely useful. I got the impression that if something did go wrong we were in good hands, with people who knew what they were doing and genuinely cared for the customer. I think thats why they have done so well.
There's a reason Jet2 and Jet2 holidays regularly receive awards for their customer service and have industry customer service metrics on par with the likes of Apple! No other airline comes close.