PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Medical.... Asthma
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2019, 10:53
Porterboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Asthma Free Running Test

Originally Posted by markroper
Hi fatty Barr,

Its not usually an issue with the CX team, however, they will get you to do a Lung Function Test, which is also called a 6-minute free running test in some countries.

I had childhood asthma and had to do this test. Wasnt an issue for me, and I got my HKCAD medical.

I'd still continue on with your application !

Cheers,
Mark
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but is this 6 minute free running test able to be conducted in Australia (Guessing that's where you're from)? I no longer have asthma, but the CX medical team still asked me to do this test due to my childhood history of it. This was a bit of a problem for me because it was not recognized in Canada. Called hospitals coast to coast and all of them were beyond confused when I queried if they could do the test. I did the Canadian/American version of this running test which is even more stringent and passed it with no issues, but the CX medical team/HKCAD didn't accept it. I had just graduated school and I put pretty much all of my savings into that interview (new suit, interview prep, sim practice, flights to CX port, etc), so I wasn't in a position to travel to another country to do the test. With that huge barrier and considering the unrest in HK, I decided to withdraw my application, which is a shame because I think I managed to get myself the job otherwise...Out of the group of candidates I interviewed with, I was the only one who didn't get a rejection letter. If this free running test can be done in Australia though, maybe I'll see if I can get it done when I head down on vacation next year so I can cover all of my bases if I decide to re-apply. I'm happy to have fun flying a 206/King Air in the mean time!