PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 40% reduction in loads
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2019, 03:29
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Air Profit- "especially" as we are now working alongside the KA pilots (13th month, higher salaries, more leave)
Here we go. All this starts up again ! Can't some look deeper and accept a different contractural evolution?

KA pilots came to debatable pay parity with CX pilots after a long and bitter contract compliance campaign. It wasn't a vanilla lite campaign where it was wound back in typhoons or whatever else. Captains were sacked during typhoons. It was a horrible period and many left. An unrelenting industrial campaign ensued and CX managers ousted KA leadership and came over with money. Since then KA pilots have compounded small pay increases ( though many wanted to press harder ).

Can someone explain the 13th month? Didn't CX guys have it but integrate it into a pay increase? Whereby its now discretionary? If it wasn't welded into the KA pilots contract it would go as well.

Some dispute KA pilots are paid more. Is it as simple as comparing a 5th year CX or KA Capt on monthly pay scales?

Oh the leave. Now you guys are envious? Or you just want us to lose it because we appear happy ? Actually, its the only way to endure our rosters. I recall posts here on pprune where CX guys were castigating the KA leave scheme as we use G days attached to the leave with heavy stacking for the rest of the month.

A KA roster this month has 8 or 9 G days. With 8 or 9 overnights in China. With 8 or 9 CAAC inspections ( without the briefings you guys are getting ). I'm not sure any CX pilot would want our roster and leave system. The leave system is barely a medicine in sustaining KA pilots in our operation. Without it many would go and I believe this is reason it persists. Without the leave scheme, genuine sickness levels would skyrocket too. The mysterious illnesses we get. The Holiday Inn syndrome explaining many weird illnesses picked up such as typhoid, bug infections and an incurable clap amongst others.