PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Board to Call for Safety Changes After 737 Max Crashes
Old 23rd Sep 2019, 08:13
fdr

Received 861 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Diavel
But it has been a while since Boeing was a market leader,even without the MCAS calamity, B737 is badly overdue for a replacement. The B787 has a “ cheap charlie” feel to it. As a pilot I much prefer the A 330 to the B787, having flown both.
If Boeing wants to be a market leader again, they need to go ahead with a 737 replacement. It was a very bad idea to scrap the 757 tooling.
Can't argue on the 737 or the 757. Having also flown both the 330 and 787, would say the choice, as beauty lies in the beholder. The flight deck setup of the 787 is better. As I have said often, I prefer the control C* of Airbus over C*U of Boeing, but when there is a crosswind, fault or other anomaly ill take the Boeing every day of the week. The 757 was a great pilots plane, and had a great performance mix but the financial didn't make much sense. Boeings rationale for the continuation of the 737 is not entirely of their making.