PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-2
Thread: Thomas Cook-2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 18:17
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by daz211

I disagree, the average spend on trolly food / snack is £18 per passenger per sector and it was evident that people payed for snack because food was not available or they didn’t think in advance to book it.
just add it all to the ticket / holiday price you will still sell snacks and make profits on the food service.

It would need a very structured and clear advertising campaign but I strongly believe and have see strong evidence that people would love a one price all including Airline infact my Airline almost went down this route.

If your the only airline offering this when all others are fighting each other for bums on seats with the same product there is enough out there to fill seats on an airline that offers more.
In flight meals is not that profitable. That's why TUI dumped it and has a successful buy on board offering that goes down well with customers. For short haul flights, it's really not worth having a full meal. People often like to eat in the Airport while waiting, or have a meal when they arrive at the destination. A snack is more fitting for less than 5 hour flights and would probably have a lower cost base.
Although TUI are bigger, Jet2 are performing better. It's rare to hear bad things about Jet2, so they must be getting something right. There does seem to be a lack of customer care from Thomas Cook sometimes, not from the Travel Agents/Crews etc, but during/after travel complaints about issues when abroad, but TUI also suffer the same complaints, you only have to look at their Twitter feeds.