PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-2
Thread: Thomas Cook-2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 17:44
daz211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VickersVicount

It would, and there lies the problem. People don't want meals if they have to pay for them (i think the percentage of selected pre paid meals is actually quite low), so why give them away for nothing. People now cope with less luggage, so why go back to old times.
An everything free airline would be niche and not be suitable for the stack em high charter types.
I disagree, the average spend on trolly food / snack is £18 per passenger per sector and it was evident that people payed for snack because food was not available or they didn’t think in advance to book it.
just add it all to the ticket / holiday price you will still sell snacks and make profits on the food service.

It would need a very structured and clear advertising campaign but I strongly believe and have see strong evidence that people would love a one price all including Airline infact my Airline almost went down this route.

If your the only airline offering this when all others are fighting each other for bums on seats with the same product there is enough out there to fill seats on an airline that offers more.