PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 04:03
Pinkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've stayed silent, and like many, simply followed this shambles aghast over the past year. I understand what happened and the holes in the cheese both technical, managerial and political that got us to this point. I accept that it may- may - just be statistics (rather than competency or training) that the two 737 max fatalities occurred outside the US. What i dont understand though is why, given the 737 max user base in the US, there wasnt a significant stream of precursor/near miss reports prior to the incidents or commentary after the incidents "oh, yeah that happened to us but we managed the situation". I may have missed that but it just seems.. odd. If the situation was so common that it lead to two very similar crashes within months, would you not have expected that the common mode causative factors, presumably present in the entire fleet, would have generated substantial numbers of near misses... and pre / post comment..?