PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay messy in SFO
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2019, 23:24
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So many parallel approaches in that big world we are all living in. Many of them in very busy environment. Parallel approaches require very good crew coodination AND skills and it seems that the Cathay messed up big time here. Replying to ATC is one thing, DOING it a totally different thing apparently.

Blaming the United is just cheap. Nothing more to say. Do not know their procedures, in my outfit you get most likely fired for not following an TCAS RA. But the one who clearly messed up is the Cathay. Congrats. The world is getting safer and safer(and the pilots worse and worse) ^^.

P.S.: I LIKE my visuals as well and I fly for a bad loco over here in Europe that does not support visuals(because they are very very dangerous apparently).

PPS: Some blame the long haul for this errors. Well. I have done my very good share of long haul command in 2 pilots ONLY ops for one of the big 3 in the ME some years ago. Some try to excuse the crew by saying they are tired but then, on the other hand, are they not getting paid(and they should be qualified) to handle the threats? You know you are going to fly into a very busy environment, you know you will be tired, you know(if you are somewhat experienced) what to expect - THAT's WHAT THEY PAY YOU FOR(and even nowadays this is not really peanuts what they pay you). Pushing the "engage AP" button is not what we are all paid for, I assume that should be a common understanding. It is handling difficult situations and managing to end up without a report required to be filled out.

Last edited by tomuchwork; 21st Sep 2019 at 23:34.