PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-2
Thread: Thomas Cook-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2019, 16:13
thetimesreader84

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All the following supposed the worst is going to happen. I truly, honestly hope it doesn’t. But this is advice I wish I’d had before monarch went bust, so it’s here in case anyone wants it.

There was advice further up the thread but it bares repeating; get copies of everything. Training records, payslips, P60s. If the doors close, there’s no obligation (and no cash) to keep IT servers running, and these documents are necessary for any claim you may make, and certainly many companies in the ME and further seem to like training records.

Create a “Government Gateway” account. It makes the various claims easier.

If you you can get hold of a post holder, it may be worth getting them to sign to confirm your logbook hours are valid.

If you are friends with any TREs, it may be possible for them to sort out renewals using any sim slots TC have paid for; this was something the Mon training department put together and was very useful for guys like me who were a few months away from expiring.

Start / join a whatsapp group for job postings, hints & tips.

Keeping your rating going is almost as important as keeping a home life going. Almost.

Lastly, as the trauma doctors say, “this is going to hurt” It is going to be one of the most painful, awful, stressful experiences of your life. The one key bit of advice to take away is build up a support network. Friends, colleagues, family - and use them! Talk to them, go to the pub, let them stand you a round. You have nothing to be ashamed of. This isn’t your fault. You will find a job (there’s a reason TC paid you for so long, and it isn’t your good looks). You’ll look back on this, if not with fondness, but maybe a wry smile. You took the very worst life could throw at you, and got through it, battered, bruised - but intact.

“If you’re going through Hell: Keep going”.