PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-2
Thread: Thomas Cook-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2019, 05:12
thetimesreader84

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went through this 2 years ago with Monarch, so I have an idea what the crews are going through. The rumours, That gnawing, churning feeling at the bottom of the stomach every time you hear some bad news. It’s awful, and I honestly wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

Like many, I turned to prune to try and get some news. As crews we are (deliberately) kept in an information vacuum - after all, if they turn round and say “company’s fcuked Guys, but can you come in tomorrow anyway to give the feds chance to launch the rescue fleet?” they’d get a range of answers.

2 years ago, as now, I was shocked with the glee that some posters seemed to post on this forum. The only analogy I can think of is that it was like football transfer deadline day, everyone pitching in with whatever half misheard rumour had wafted over in the pub. Trying to outguess which would be the last ever monarch flight (before the fact) was, in my opinion, a low point.

I know its a rumour network. But please, before you post, just have a think about how what you write would be received by the TC employees. Is it likely to be true? Is it going to add new information? If the answer to either of those questions is “no” maybe go and put the kettle on & have a think before you hit “submit”.

It it doesn’t look good for TC. I hope they can at least get some breathing room to sort out their problems. Good luck guys - I know some of you from spotty M, you deserve better.