PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook-2
Thread: Thomas Cook-2
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2019, 08:06
116d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc Q
TC have stated according to sky news just now it’s business as normal , So i guess it is , cannot see them reassuring everyone if they really are going under

They obviously know the cash is coming .
Whilst I do hope that a solution can be found for Thomas Cook, you need to read between the lines a bit whenever statements like that are made and news reports from reputable sources in particular are reporting something completely different.

They will clearly say all is well for two reasons: firstly to encourage people to continue to book with confidence (as a collapse in bookings will potentially exacerbate the problem and Thomas Cook no doubt need forward bookings to convince lenders to cough up) and secondly to discourage those with holidays already booked not to seek cancellations (as it will impact their projected cash flow from bookings already made that are yet to be paid off). As others have said, Monarch were saying the same things 2 years ago. I also don't believe some of the arrangements going on such as filing for slots is being done for fun.

It doesn't look good, however I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I feel for all the staff across the entire group who are completely blameless and are no doubt worried sick.