PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines mechanic in Miami charged with sabotaging plane. It aborted takeoff
Old 19th Sep 2019, 21:17
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by QuagmireAirlines
I do wonder how someone like that gets hired though. Guess thats all I'm allowed to say.
Under the concept of 'diversity' folks who are 'different' are given preference in hiring. How much standards should be adjusted to promote goals of inclusion is a matter of some controversy.

From American's website:

Celebrating our differences

Employee Business Resource Groups

With more than 100,000 team members in 65 countries, our goal is to provide an inclusive environment for all. Our Diversity Advisory Council (DAC) leads diversity efforts across American by fostering company-wide educational, community service and personal enrichment opportunities. The council also supports local Employee Business Resource Groups (EBRGs), which represent many employees and their beliefs, nationalities and backgrounds.

PRIDE EBRG (LGBT and Allies)

For the past 15 years, the Human Rights Campaign has given us the highest possible rating in the Corporate Equality Index, a nationally recognized benchmark that evaluates top workplaces in the U.S. and their inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) employees, customers and suppliers. We proudly support the LGBT community and we're taking steps to ensure equality for all employees.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-service/about-us/diversity/employee-diversity.jsp