PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Academy and the BQ
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2019, 09:34
thisishomebrand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would highly recommend SkyTest as prep. It will help you be as best prepared as you can be.

Originally Posted by SkyTeam95
BQ is not the BU(DLR) and done by interpersonal. The DLR is hard but with a good preparation and a good day easy to pass. If you speak German, you should try the DLR and not the Interpersonal BQ. As Eurowings is not longer looking for new pilots and the first Eurowings course is currently in Rostock Laage for MEP and many other courses currently in training you should not waste your time with EW. The best way is the MPL Programme because you will get a well better payed Job at Cityline,Austrian and/or Lufthansa. Because Interpersonal has enough people screened they will kick out many people now, and I would say that at the moment it’s more probably to pass the DLR than IP maybe you should think about that too.
I agree that if you can then the DLR is the best option, but if you don't speak German then you are limited to the ATPL and arguments that the pay at one of the legacy carriers will be better. But I would disagree that EW are a waste of time. If you started training now it would be 18 months to two years before you reach the airline and who knows what the pilot requirement will be in two years. Take the example that they are desperate for pilots now and go on a big hiring spree and then come the end of two years they don't need pilots anymore. Also they may have stopped hiring external candidates because they know a course is coming through the EFA and will fill their pilot needs.

At the end of the day, you will go to EFA and come out with good training and if there are no jobs at LH Group then you can go elsewhere.