PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2019, 01:08
PanAmFalcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ironbutt57
where did you read that?? the OMA used to specify at the Captain's discretion, another GF pilot, cabin crew, or adult member of an operating cabin crew's family.... it did get abused by ground staff if the Captain was unaware of whats going on in the back....I had outstations putting pax in wheelchairs on the jumpseats, pax with crutches, children, don't believe the cabin crew will know what's allowed or not either...they had happily seated the paraplegic in the jumpseat when I noticed by pure happenstance...after that I always queried pre-boarding if there were any jumpseaters presented by ground staff...in Mumbai the ground staff were telling local cabin crew the Captain had denied their request...shaking the girls down for whiskey or money..one dispatcher in AUH requested a jumpseat for his non airline buddy to TRV...I denied on basis of the OMA...sure enough as the last pax were boarding here shows up a jumpseater...yes he was the buddy...and..he tells me.."well anyway you cant put me off now because I have a checked bag and you will delay the flight to remove it"...flight delayed...bag and jumpseater removed....there was more than one abusive ground staff who got denied jumpseats on my flights...
recently spoke to the chap online and asked a cabin crew who confirmed that.doesn't take much to wonder why gf is not nearly what gf was 25 years ago