PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet FO anxiety attack
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2019, 23:16
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oxazole
Officer Kite I’m not sure where you’ve got this information from. Speaking from firsthand experience of the easyJet MPL at least, the MEP training syllabus is still covered and the initial UPRT covers recovery from high and low nose attitudes, incipient spins and fully developed spins in an aerobatic SEP.
My information is the ICAO MPL syllabus itself and it does not mandate MEP aircraft usage during the little actual flight hours there are in the MPL course. That isn’t to say some schools do not use an MEP, it’s to say they don’t have to and a large number don’t.

As for spin training, again it is not mandatory. Some do (oaa i know did aerobatic uprt in the usa) full spins etc and others just cover stalls and other unusual attitude recoveries - i myself never did a spin as I previously mentioned (CPL/IR). We covered how to recover were it to occur, but didn’t do one. To be fair though i don’t know anyone even from other schools who did actually fully spin in am aircraft, it’s a serious situation to be playing with.