PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recruitment Process
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2019, 14:58
planetalking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the point?

Indeed.
My basic point being- the 'Beer Test' should not be at the forefront of recruitment for the position of Flight Crew. Skill, knowledge & experience should be. A person's personality should be last on the list of attributes as long as they're capable of completing the job.
Far to many jobs these days, not just in Aviation are by-passing good, skilled candidates on the account of the person's personality traits not fitting with the person recruiting!

I acknowledge one could be an excellent conversationalist AND be a skillful Pilot, however you could equally have an excellent skill set but have an introverted personality which would probably result in being by-passed at the recruitment stage.
I may not want to sit beside a person who doesnt shut up or cant concentrate on the job in hand but if they are competent in the role then thats fine!
You are ultimately there to do a job in a multicrew environment, it really doesnt require the person beside you being a source of entertainment during the cruise....