PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training bonds - enforceable or not?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2019, 13:10
Snr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TinFoilhat2What you are asking is not really the point of this thread. I can't say what my company offers for TR pilots as we don't get them that often, but I would imagine there would be a negotiation on the cost and length of the bond if you are already rated. Either way - this thread is about whether you can/should break a Training Bond. Get your job offer, and associated bond conditions, and make your choice. If you aren't happy joining a company and being bonded, then look for a job elsewhere. If you sign on the dotted line, then see through your agreed term, or repay what you owe. It's that simple.

As for a few of your other points. You must not be up to date on the current industry recruitment, because every major airline is hiring pilots with low hours. A selection of carriers that have taken 500-1000 hour FO's from my airline in the past few years - BA, Air France, Tui, Jet2, EZY, Ryanair, Thomas Cook, Iberia, Air Baltic, Swiss, Are Lingus, Condor, Cargolux. So that's 6 months to a year before they can leave for pastures new.

Comparing a professional pilot and an airline to a chef is absurd. If a restaurant had to pay £15,000 to train the chef in his sashimi course, as well as pay his wages for 3 months before they see any return, I can guarantee they would made to sign a bond as well. Or asked for it upfront....