PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF AUS Letdown: Australia's highest paid Company CEO.
Old 17th Sep 2019, 12:41
Fliegenmong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sad.....as someone who has ties back to the TAA days...I find it all very abohorrant.....I don't beleive for a mniute anyone woke up one morning and decided to 'ground an airline' on a random Saturday morning, and that was the end for me....not saying anyone lied...but accommodation was already arranged for many I believe....

I do all I can to avoid the 'Rat' now....supporting the QF group is to support AJ and his demonstrably over the top remuneration.

But I am one very very small little fishy indeed...but I do act on principle where possible, and avoinding QF group travel is my very own less than miniscule protest....somone has to.

I'm all for the Gay rights movement etc. but painting planes with rainbows is somewhat rather tacky, and if it's about equality.....then you have it AJ, start protesting about NOT holding the Mardi Gras...it's a cake ands eat it too thing.

Not overly religious myself, but I do support Israel Folaus (?) right to express his beliefs....to try & thwart his religious freedom is the same oppresion from which the Gay community sought to liberate itself from....so in essence Hypocritical to the core

My humble travel protests will never harm the good and honest folk at QF...but it brings a smile to my face when I know my $ does not translate to $ for Alan.....thankfully for the 'Coal Face' staff, that will not either...you can always count on an ignorant and apathetic Australian populace / electorate to ensure AJ has market balance...and a whole bunch of of 'soft corruption' affilates who have no scrupples when it comes to 'Chairmans lounge memberships' ....nowadays I feel fortunate not to be a member of the Australian 'Class' that expects 'Chairmans' membership.

My name is not 'tainted' and I made my (very small) principled stand.

I sleep well...