PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines Uk - What?!
Old 17th Sep 2019, 08:58
diffident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm very surprised we haven't yet heard of an Atmosphere/Unsworth plan to rescue Thomas Cook Airlines, should the unthinkable happen (and I sincerely hope it doesn't).

Considering the groups he had partnered with in the Jet Airways purchase that never happened (shock eh), including if I'm not mistaken, Qatar Airways, and a UK based fund management and distressed asset and investment firm Hinduja Group, surely it must be a walk in a park to get the £1bn needed here. Remember, he had found £17bn for the Jet Airways rescue bid!!!

Frankly, with that kind of money available to him, and his extensive contacts in the industry, I wouldn't wait for the CAA to revoke their ATOL licence and just bang in a full cash offer today!!!

Mind you, he might be miffed with them because even if Thomas Cook survives, they have all but pulled out of his beloved Stansted Airport. So obviously, with his close ties to all those that have never heard of him at Stansted, he would want to stand in solidarity with them and stand aside, allowing a venerable British brand to collapse right on his doorstep and doing nothing to intervene.