PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Board to Call for Safety Changes After 737 Max Crashes
Old 17th Sep 2019, 08:09
rightseatNsweating

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OldnGrounded
(Not sure whether this should be here or in the ongoing MAX thread.) Posted to the Times website a couple of hours ago:
.....to the cockpits of future airplanes to accommodate a new generation of pilots, some of whom may have less training.
Having had some recent exposure to training/examination in parts of Africa, I do think part of the problem lies here. I see aviation schools churning 100s of students per year through a completely broken system. They learn to work the system which requires zero understanding of the basics, just a mix of corruption and rote memorization to get through laughable exams. It would not surprise me to find the same was happening in other parts of the world such as East Asia.

I can only trust that they then get serious on-type training when they move onto the big carriers, but they are essentially starting from zero. They must have unpredictable but fundamental gaps.